Friday, March 8, 2024

bike climbs, 6x100 hill sprints

Same workout as Tues, except I chose a different and longer hill.   One hill was about 325m, the other about 400m.   I did each 5x, 10 hills, sprinting on the bike with my butt off the seat.  

After a rest, did 6x100m hill sprints on the street.

Hoka Rincons on

Bike climbs - 5x400m and 325m

Stretches

6 x 100m hill sprints - 14.44 - 15.78

The first hill, I ran as a warmup in 19 sec, then sprinted the next 5.

Rain tomorrow and definitely no running.  I've run 6 of the last 7 days.

139.3 lbs after workout.  

Pre Nationals training plan:

After no running tomorrow, the next 12 days I'm going to try and replicate the training I did last year before I peaked with those 2 consecutive time trial days last year where I ran 57.7, 56.8.  I did notice that during that time I did two of the dreaded 'split 700s' and two hard tempo sets: 4x3 and 4x2.  That would be a tall order to cram into the next 10 days, but I may give it a shot.  I also ran an 800m on a recovery day and had 2 relatively light days and some weight pulls.  Have a 'plan A' if I race at Emory Sat, and a 'plan B' if I don't.  Built into the schedule are some consecutive workout days but also 2 consecutive off days next week, Wed-Thurs, and a couple low volume days, and a day off for travel.  It's a ball buster of a regime, we'll see how it goes.   So it starts on Sunday with a 'split 700.'

Although I didn't register for the meet, they gave me lane tomorrow at Clark's meet!   LOL...  I'm NOT going to race.  If I didn't workout so hard today, I'd be tempted and if the weather were better.  I have to decide if I'm racing at Emory on 3/16 by Wed. morning.  Depends much on the weather.  

Also, I was mistaken in a previous comment.  Roland G. is still in the M55 age group so the M60 WL is still 58.40, but that will likely change after European Championships.  It's a bigger meet than US Nationals.  I think mid 58 and maybe a WL is in my wheel house with my A game.  

The 4x400m M60 WR attempt isn't completely off but at this time, dubious.  Jerry asked me to join him and Oscar for an attempt but with those guys, very doubtful.  After pressing me on it, I just told him that 1) we'll see if it's possible based on times run in the 400m final; and 2) if we want to take a shot at it, we'll choose the 4 fastest guys and go with it.  Vadim is in for a 4x800 WR attempt and if he does it, he may not even race the 400m, and he is one of the only guys I think can break 60.   Without him, the 4x4 WR attempt isn't happening.   Otherwise, I'll just run with my team.  Frankly, club relays and medals are fairly meaningless to me at Nationals compared to a possible WR, but Penn is a different story.  Want my team to win at Penn.    

No comments:

Post a Comment