Thursday, June 30, 2022

cross training - bike, swim, aqua running

Warm day.  Sunny mid 80ºs with a bit higher humidity.  Because I've made the decision to go to Finland Saturday, I've decided I'm not running until I get there, and most likely not until Tuesday when I race in the preliminary round of the 400m. 

Today, I really busted my butt on the bike.  Set a new PR time coming up the mountain on Roark's Cove Rd. - 20:29.   About a minute faster than I've ever done it.  It got my heart rate up and gave me a bit of a lactic burn.  A few hours later, I swam across the lake and back and did some water running.  It will be the last hard workout before I leave.  I may go out again tomorrow and do something similar but not as hard.  Normally, I'd be running race pace 250s and doing blocks and spikes.

I wouldn't be going if I thought my injury would too bad to run by Tuesday.  It's feeling better already and I probably could run tomorrow but I definitely won't.  Certainly with an additional 3 days rest and some PT, I should be ok by Tues.  

It was really in my discussions with my colleagues that convinced me to try.  I'm presently #4 ranked in the world in the 400m with my 'B-game', so maybe I'll be able to pull off something better than I expect, like I did at Hayward last weekend.  We'll see.  I'd just like to make the Final and be able to finish without injury.  

The adventure continues... 

No comments:

Post a Comment