Tuesday, June 28, 2022

still sore

Beautiful night and sunset.  Mid 70ºs, perfect.  After an afternoon swim and some water running I went to the track, warmed up but decided not to do a workout since my injury was still a bit sore.  I didn't want to force it at this point.  However, if I'm not able to do a track workout, I may run long hills tomorrow... or maybe plan on doing the hills as a protective measure.  It does bum me out that I'm not doing race pace speed work as I would normally before a big meet.  I could be racing as soon as a week from tomorrow if we have prelims.  I need to be healthy.  

I knew when I felt slight soreness in my water running it wasn't a good sign, so I just played it safe tonight.  Ran a couple 100s on grass at 17.5 and that was it.   It didn't feel too bad.  I should be ready by tomorrow.  

Light and fit.  138.5 lb

Look for my story on the Hayward Field meet in the next day or 2.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment