Saturday, June 18, 2022

600s

Incredible weather in Sewanee.  The humidity is gone, clear skies and 70º tonight, occasional NE wind.  Temps falling into the mid 50º tonight.

I really wanted to finish 2x600m tonight, and I did, but they were slower than previous.  Two weeks ago, I did these both 3 sec faster.

Hoka trainers on

Stretches, drill, 2 x 100m

600m - 1:46.88 (34.35, 37.71, 36.82 / 72.06, 36.82)

600m - 1:46.06 (32.71, 36.00, 37.35 / 68.71, 37.35)

When I first started my warmup strides, on the first one, I felt 'I'm screwed' ... because I could feel soreness in the injury.  However, after the warmup, it felt much better.  However, really not where I wanted to be at this point.  After my first two races, I was able to do a training routine of: Sat - race, Sun - over distance, Mon - 800, Tues - intensive tempo, Thurs - speed.  However, the previous week, I didn't do a tempo workout, I did more race pace with longer rest.   I haven't done a limited rest tempo set of 4x300 since May 24.  I really feel like my training has lost momentum at the worst time.  I'm still a little leery of speed work and that is not a good place to be 2 weeks before Finland.  I'm just taking the attitude of caution and recovery.  I'm going to try and get a 4x300 tempo workout in on Monday or Tues.  I may go out tomorrow and run an 800m, then some weights.  

We'll see how I feel tomorrow.  No issues after the workout, feel ok,  but will know better tomorrow.   I may only do a one or 2 days of speed work before Finland.  I'm really feeling terribly unprepared to race an 800m at Hayward in a week.  At this point, I'd be very lucky to get much under 2:30, which could put me 80m behind the winner.  Gotta keep pushing.  Looks like I'll be hoping for my best B-Game.  

138.3 lbs after workout

1 comment:

  1. How antithetical to your goals would it be to skip Haywood and reduce your focus to Finland?

    ReplyDelete