Saturday, July 2, 2022

On my way

In the Nashville airport waiting to start my trip.  There was a glitch with my reservation so I stood at the desk for 30m before they finally sorted it out.  Airport and security is NOT particularly busy as I had expected, just a little more than normal.  Everything seems on time.

Yesterday, did the bike climb up Roark's Cove again, but not as fast, just under 23 min.  Also did some drills and high knee running at the track.  Feels almost 100%, can only feel some minor soreness when I target the area with specific resistance/movement/stretches.    

Didn't want my last workout to be on the bike, but there it is... 

By the time I race in at least 3 days, I should easily be 100%, but... the real test is - will I have more in me than one race?   The ideal scenario is if there are only 2 rounds and 2 days rest in between, but that is unlikely.  The first round is scheduled for 6:40 PM Finland time on Tues., but on the results site it says 8:40.  Seems late but it's daylight until midnight there right now.  The magic number is 24.  If there are more than 24,  which is likely, then 3 rounds.  There are 27 checked in now, I would be 28, there may be more to add.  So, at least 4+ people would have to scratch for there to be 2 rounds.   Possible.  The 200m semi and final are tomorrow, so there may be some scratches after that.  

I'll probably go to the track and do some jogging, stretching on Monday.  

Wish I had slept more last night, woke up just before 4am and stayed up.

My hotel couldn't be in a better location.  I could almost walk to the stadium, it's about a mile. Good thing since gas is $10 / gal there.   Here's where I'll be:

Scandic Rosendahl and Ratina Stadium





No comments:

Post a Comment