Wednesday, June 29, 2022

400, 200 hill,100

Have had an exceptional spring/summer of weather here, mid 70ºs, mostly clear and calm. 

After two days off of running and swimming and water running today, I ran a little tonight.  I felt about 90% over the soreness so I ran a relaxed 100m, a relaxed 400m and a hard 200m hill.  Unfortunately, it created soreness in the injury area, but not as bad as it was Monday.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 2 x 100m

100m - 14.72

400m - 63.51 (30.84, 32.67)

200m hill - 42.32

Definitely disappointed at where I'm at now.  I have not run anything significant at 400m race pace since my last 400m race almost 3 weeks ago!   No speed work, just long stuff and 300m tempo.  I have never gone to a championship meet in this bad of physical shape, ever.  Let alone to Finland!   This injury has been with me on and off for 6 months now.  When I first started racing on Memorial Day, it was about gone.  I even trained on Sunday after those first two Sat races without problems.  It was that June 11 AAU race that hurt, where I couldn't run on the track for 4 days after.  The one thing that is reliable, this injury responds fairly quickly to rest.  After 2 or 3 days with some regular PT and mobility exercise, it improves considerably.  The problem is, I can't stay in top shape by training every 4th day.  

Anyway, I seriously thought tonight about canceling my trip.  I probably will go.  It's going to be tough to get through 3 rounds and I may run the first round in trainers.  I do now think there will definitely be 3 rounds.   There most certainly will be at least 4 heats.  The only way there will not be a first round is if only 27 show up and they'd run 3 heats in 9 lanes as a semi.  But even then there could be 3 rounds. For example, in the M70 100, there were just 26 competitors and they advanced 16 to the semis.  It will be the same for my 400m.  

Anyway. I can race in a little pain.  I may not run much at all before I race on Tue in round 1.  

137.9 lbs after workout.  

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment