Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Tempo 200s, 100

 Raining today, but it let up as a fog rolled in around 6, wet track, 68º.   Just good to get one in, my 4th day in a row on the track.  Warmed up in the gym waiting for the rain to stop.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 2x100

4 x 200, 100 w/ 3 min rest - 29.78, 29.06, 30.02, 30.37, (100), 14.73

200m - 28.25

I averaged 29.8 for my 4 200s w/ 3 min rest.  I should have finished the 5th, I could have, but bailed after 100m, and thought I should rest a bit more and turn a faster 200m.  My heat rate was 154 2 min after the third rep.  I did a 5th, but it wasn't all that fast.  Even with tough workouts, I usually can push on last 200 in 27.  Not today.  

By contrast, I did a 4x200 workout last year with just ONE MINUTE rest averaging 30.  These 4 with 3 min rest avg 29.8.   Last year I peaked with 6x200 with 3 min rest at 28.4.   Huge difference.  Of course this was my 4th day in a row and the conditions were wet, but still.....  quite a difference.  One thing different about last year is that for the most part, I stayed to the every other day model, rather than doing these consecutive days that I have been doing.  Maybe it's taking a toll?

I'm leaning toward racing in Murfreesboro on Sat. - 400m and 800m on Sunday in ATL.  

137.5 lbs after workout.  Tomorrow off from the track, and weights.  

USATF Masters Exhibition

I'm really confused at why we haven't received more info on this.  I got an email from Lee with a bunch of FAQs with no links or answers.  I'm going on Friday specifically to see the meet on Saturday.  I was told by John who did the Masters Exhibition in IA, that athletes get passes for everything all days.  That seems to be in doubt.  Sue told me that we may only get a pass for the day we are running, which really sucks if true.  I'm giving up a training day to do this and I just wish we had more info.  No word whatsoever on guest or coaches passes, nothing about packet pickup, and above all, a very last minute acceptance notification.   

Nice to get home and eat my pint of home made low fat protein ice cream with chocolate chips and almonds from my hot tub ... with this view:



No comments:

Post a Comment