Monday, June 27, 2022

Masters Exhibition 800m race results, stadium video, rest day

Well, it went as best as could be expected.  I took third behind two elite distance runners and was quite satisfied with a 2:21.53, amazingly running almost even splits:  70.02 / 71.51.  I took a very relaxed approach to this race.  I really didn't think I could run 2:21, but now, I think I could have run faster as I had plenty left in the end to sprint past David W. and Kevin P. to move from 5th to finish 3rd.  Winning in 2:15 was Mike B., a former NCAA All-American from U of Oregon who had run a 3:57 mile back in the day.  In second in 2:19 was Dan K., the M60 American record holder in the mile.  

I have so much to tell in the story of this amazing experience, so many photos to sort out, this is going to take time to post.  So, for now... here's my stadium introduction on the big screen. 


Finishing 3rd behind Dan K., M60 Mile Record holder

 




























 





Did nothing today save for some pullups and a few RDLs and some hot tub and stretching. Was definitely sore after the race. Got back to Sewanee at 8am this morning and did sleep a few hours this morning. Much cooler this week, with highs only in the low 80s. Hoping to train Tue, Wed, and Friday this week.  

Off to Finland on Sat.

1 comment:

  1. Good job, great time, you hung in there with elite runners!!

    ReplyDelete