Wednesday, June 15, 2022

more stairs

Was going to take the day off Tues, but I decided late in the day yesterday, that I should do 'something'.   My ham still too sore to risk a meaningful workout, and at this point, being healthy is #1.  So, I returned to Marist to run the stairs, my go-to when recovering from a strain.  Glad I did.

92º with a heat index of 100º and absolutely calm winds, not even a light breeze.  The only breeze generated was when I sprinted up the stairs.  Pretty suffocating conditions.  Thankful for a little cloud cover.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2x100m

25X stadium stairs 

more stretches, drills

Again, soaked after it was over.  Finally slept well last night and feel much better this morning.  Despite the pint of protein ice cream and plenty to eat, waking up under 138 lbs.  

I'm thinking today I will not run, and I should be ok with a substantial track workout tomorrow.  Almost back to 100%, just another day should do it.  

As nice as it is to be here in ATL at Roya's very comfortable house, I feel I should return to Sewanee for one last hard training week.  Training here in 100º heat index is not as productive as training in Sewanee where it will be 10-15º cooler and less humid.  The weather mid next week is supposed to be even hotter, with Atlanta forecast at 100º+, and even mid 90ºs in Sewanee by Tues.  Plus, in Sewanee I can swim everyday in that cool mountain lake.  Very good for recovery days.  


No comments:

Post a Comment