Sunday, June 19, 2022

200m hills

Felt ok today, still not wanting to run fast and still a tad sore, so I headed to the steep hill for a good lactic burn.  Beautiful weather continues, dry, mid 70ºs at 7pm.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100

4 x 200m hills - rest intervals: 4, 4.5, 7

stretches, bands, planks

Going all out on these hills, I can usually break 40, usually about 42.  I didn't run these all out, the first 2 were 44, then 46, and the last one I rigged up the hill in 53.  It was a good workout for an off day (consecutive day).  I'd like to train again tomorrow, and do M, W, and F,  but may put off a tempo set til Wednesday.  I have to leave leave home Friday at 11:30am so it'll be a light morning workout.  

Did some PT and strengthening today.  Injury hasn't improved much, maybe a little.  However, can certainly run 800m pace.

138.3 lbs after workout.  

The heat wave doesn't look bad with the low humidity, forecast to peak at 92º on Wed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment