Tuesday, February 28, 2017

split 400s

Just a couple blasts and done today.   Warmish, breezy, and foggy this evening at the Sewanee track, upper 50ºs with rain moving out.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
300m / rest 1 min / 100m - 41, 14.5 
300m / rest 1 min / 100m - 41.5, 14.5 
150m strider - 21
The first split 400m, fast for in trainers, was as easy as any I've done... but by no means 'easy'.   (The first 300 may have been a tad under 41, like 40.8 or so).

Since Nationals, I've been on a renewed strength regime.   Also, have increased my protein intake (with the help of organic pea and organic whey protein shakes), and increased supplements of BCAA, and creatine.   I think it is helping my recovery and strength, and without weight gain.   142.6 lbs after workout.  Probably should have been doing this 2 months ago and I would've run a stronger 200m at Nationals.   Weights tonight and track tomorrow.   Thurs off.  Light track, Fri.

My strength regime has been including glute machine, ham raises, hill sprints, box jumps, adductor, core, and hip flexor work.

Saturday's Berry Meet
Damn, they gave me lane one for the 400m and I'm hoping I can change to the slower heat (3) and take lane 7.   Doesn't matter, it's just a workout.   Maybe I'll just run the 200m.   I'm in the same heat as 3 Sewanee guys ... I think I can beat all three.

No comments:

Post a Comment