Sunday, February 26, 2017

quality 300s

Speed work, everything fast today - 90-95%.  58º and warm sun at the Marist track.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 300m - 41, 42, 42.5 
2 x 100m - 13, 13
Was tough, even with ample rest.  The 300s were at about race effort.  The 100s were quick-start to race speed, then float and form.  With the sun at my back, it was good to watch my form in the long shadow.

Weights and maybe more track tomorrow.  Tue - Wed look to be wet.

As it appears on paper, the World Championship M55 400m will be probably more competitive than the 200m, since Don will not be there ... that is assuming the 400m champ from France and the fast German show up.  So, I'm shifting more my training toward strength and 200m speed.    

Outdoor Track begins

Two more weekends before I leave for Korea.  I thought I'd work in some meets as workouts and lay down some outdoor times.  I think this may be the first time my outdoor and indoor seasons have over lapped.   I've got permission to race at Berry College this weekend 3/4 and there is another meet at Birmingham on 3/11.   The Berry meet is a good one for me, since it is early and is mostly DII schools.  Last year, there were several 400s over 56.  Last time I raced at Berry,  it was extremely windy and I ran a real slow 57.5 400m, but an OK 25.10 200m.    Surprisingly, after obtaining permission from the meet director, I read the unusual statement on the meet website:
"Any un-attached athlete who registers but does not show for meet may be banned from further meets at Berry."
Well.... I guess I better be there!  Probably will run the 400m and maybe the 200m.


No comments:

Post a Comment