Tuesday, February 21, 2017

back at it

Got home from NM Sunday night and was back in the gym Monday night.  Hips feeling better so I did some strength work, the same stuff that helped me last year.  2 x glute machine each side with 280 lbs and 2 x 15 squat jumps with 90 lbs.   Then... back on the track and hill today, Tuesday.

Drizzle and 56º at the Sewanee track today.  Thankfully, just light rain.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warm up, stretches, drills 
800m - 2:35 
5 x 100m hill sprints w/ 90 sec rest ~ 18
This felt hard and the feet are still hurting.  The metatarsalgia in the left foot is requiring taping and maybe a pad next time.  I have a slight cold from the plane ride.  If I go out tomorrow, I'm going to keep it down to a 4x300.  Thursday off.  Thinking it wouldn't hurt to take 2 days of right now, we'll see.

Looks like there is an outdoor meet one week before WMACi Korea that I can race in - Birmingham Southern.

Weight is good.  142.2 and I'm eating carbs now.  Very satisfied with small amounts of food.

1 comment: