Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Stairs, thoughts on the Nationals

Slept relatively late this morning...  up at 5:30am.  The serious heat wave is over and instead of a 109º  high, it'll be only 98º today and all this week.  This morning it was a pleasant 75º,

I hit the stadium stairs this morning.

Spira training shoes on 
Stadium stairs x 16 including 3 double leg hops
I'll probably do some resistance later.  Feeling tired and may take tomorrow off.   I'm getting old, and so is track season.

I booked my flight and hotel for the Nationals.   I'm likely going to just run the 400m.  Semis on Thurs, Finals on Fri, fly home Friday night.   I can change my reservation if I decide to stay and run the 200m, so I may register for both.  Regular registration period ends Monday and so far, just one competitive person has signed up for the 400m.  (T. Williams - seed time 53.70).    If I do well and get a medal in the 400,  I may just call it a season.   It's still more than 4 weeks away and I don't know if I'll be 100%.  Still not there.  Every day it does seem to get better, and I expect one day soon I'll wake up and it will feel normal.  I wonder if I don't stretch or do anything on my day off if it will promote faster healing?

More immediate will be the decision whether to run the 400m in 11 days at the State Games.   When I hit the track later this week, I expect do some 60 sec 400s to see how it feels.  Also, an 800m event run.   Not looking forward to that.

Getting that lean cut body back.   140.8 after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment