Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Home wet track


Bouncing out of bed at 5:13 am, I asked myself ... "how did I get myself into this?"

73º and raining lightly this morning at the Dean Hayes track.  There was standing water on the track, but I didn't mind.  Very humid.  The rain had let up to a sprinkle by 5:45am.   It is good to be home...  but I miss the higher elevation of Sewanee and the report of the morning cathedral bells.

Not an exceptional effort.   Just not feeling real fast.  Need to do speed work soon but ran long again today.   With the ham pretty much healed, it's now the right knee that limits my work.
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on 
800m - 2:25 
600m - 1:47 
400m - 61.5
This reminded me how ill suited I am for an 800m race and I'm thinking about whimping out and just doing the 400m this weekend.   Depends on how my knee feels.

They just had a big youth meet at MTSU and for the first time ever, the starting blocks were not available, probably locked in the shed.  I'll have to remember to bring my own up to Sewanee today.   I'll be training there tomorrow and maybe Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment