Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sewanee mid summer sprints

On the Sewanee Coughlin Track at 5:30am, clear skies, 72º with 98% humidity.

A quality workout of long sprints starting with a negative split 400m.  Most 100m splits I ran today were 14 sec.


450m warmup, stretches, drills
saucony spikes on 
400m - 58.5  (30, 28.5) 
3 x 300 - 42.5, 44, 44

I plan to keep workouts fast and every other day til Nationals.  Can't endure big quantity workouts at this point, too much wear on the body.  Best to keep it short and fast.   Today's workout was plenty exhausting.  Emphasis on form and power in the last 100m.


Nice to be on the mountain ... but that means more socializing and I'm a few lbs heavier... probably 142ish.

I like it here.  Zell and I attended a late night brass concert at Sewanee's All Saints Cathedral at 10:30pm last night.


Brass ensemble - Sewanee All Saints Cathedral
late night concert

No comments:

Post a Comment