Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day off, resistance

My right knee was a bit sore after yesterday's 600s so I won't go to the track today.  It feels fine now but I needn't go back out and pound it today.  Still have 3+ weeks to train for Nationals.

My ham feels nearly 100%.  I can do leg swings with the same flexibility as the right side with only slight lingering soreness at the lower attachment points.

I'm lean and mean, down to race weight this morning: 140.2.   I think I've put on at least a pound or 2 of muscle since last year.

So, tomorrow... I'll do more 600s or 500s and Thurday, a 400m event run with blocks.  I had thoughts of bailing on Sunday's 800m and running the 200m instead - since I feel pretty good... but after seeing Sullivan on the ground with a pulled ham in the 200m at the Masters Invitational Olympic trials meet, it's probably best that I don't.

It occurs to me that I haven't run a 400m race in 10 weeks!   The last six 400s I ran were all under 56 sec (except for the one that I ran in lane 8 - 56.36).    It will be interesting to see where I stand on Sat., my return to the 400m.   My expectations are not high, I'm hoping for 57s at least.  I have to remind myself, I'm just 5 weeks past the worst hamstring pull of my life.    So, the resistance work today will be therapy or "prehab."

1 comment:

  1. I thought I could come watch you compete at nationals but I see it is on 8/4ish. But I will be in Binghamton that weekend..joe

    ReplyDelete