Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Stormy Wednesday


Up at 4:45 am, I was on the track before sunrise and the sky looked ominous. Checking the radar on my phone, I could see rain coming but still far enough away to get in a workout. ... or so I thought.



800m warmup, dynamic stretches, drills

spikes on

200m - 29
400m - 60 (28, 32)
300m - 46
4 x 200m - 29, 28, 27, 29

After the second 200 in the last set of 200s, it started raining... hard. I retreated under the bleachers. It let up to a light rain and I went back out and did 2 more 200s, hoping I would not get struck by lightning. Then it really came, lightning and hard rain. I was planning to do one more 200 and a few 100s but after checking the radar, it looked like it would not be letting up soon so I left. Iska was at my house and I looked forward to tea with her.

Since my workout was relatively light and my calves are only slightly sore from the stadium steps, I may return tomorrow for another light workout with blocks and short sprints... and I may do some plyos later. I started wearing liner socks with my spikes and it is much more comforable than barefeet and tape. Since I had a big meal last night with Iska, I'm heavy... 140.8 after workout. Plenty of time to get to race weight by Sat.

I've run 3 FAT timed 400s since April, every one a PR. I'd sure like to get another this weekend but 55.54 will be hard to beat. Depending on who shows up at the Nationals, to even have a chance to medal, I'd have to be well under 55.00, maybe 54.00, which may be out of reach for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment