Saturday, June 18, 2011

Miami sunrise... on the track

After a successful solo concert at the Miami International Guitar Festival, I was up at 5 am for some coffee and to hit the University of Miami track ... which was conveniently located 1/4 mile from my hotel.

After scaling a locked chain link fence gate to get in, I started my warmup jog. The sun still not yet up, it was in the mid-upper 70s and humid. This track, that I had never run on in my 2 years as a graduate music student at UM, was an exceptionally fast track. Very tight red rubber. My times were faster than last workout since I gave myself longer recovery, it seemed harder to catch my breath in the heavy humid sea level salt air.

800m warm up, drills

spikes on

2 x 400m - 59.5, 61
2 x 300 - 45, 45
2 x 200 - 29, 29
2 x 100 - curve 13, straight 13

I was pretty beat after the 300s and my 200s were pretty slow but my 100s were at 90%

Nice to be back at my alma mater. Happy that my concert went ok and that I had this opportunity to workout.




No comments:

Post a Comment