Sunday, August 5, 2018

brief tempo, rain

Very warm in Sewanee, low 80ºs but humid with a heat index mid 80ºs.  I was still a bit sore from Friday's max velocity workout.  After finishing my warmup, I went to begin my intervals and it began to rain, light then hard.  I took shelter under the stadium.  The rain was heavy enough to leave standing water on the track.  I welcomed the cool rain but it made the track slippery and slow.  My plan was to do the killer "DP workout".  I started it in a light rain. 
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 300m w/ 40 sec rest - 46.5, 47.5 
300m - 45
I wanted to do more but the rain resumed, even heavier, with lightning.  It was just as well, I wasn't really recovered enough to do a maximum effort workout. 

My plan is to do this workout at least once a week and increase to 2 sets at some point.  Two other types of workouts I want to do are 400m race pace 300s and 200s, and the short sprint maximum velocity workout I did Friday - 50s and 150s. 

I'll be in the weight room tomorrow but I'd like to do my weights after the track so I have a recovery rest day,  rather than doing track and weights alternating.  Was too sore tonight to do weights.

In an effort to get stronger, been eating more, have gained some weight.  144.5 lbs after workout. 

Racing starts in Spain for me 4 weeks from Thurs.  3 weeks til next race / time trial.

No comments:

Post a Comment