Thursday, June 28, 2018

Tempo 200s, sled

Remarkably cool weather in Sewanee today, rained all day, temperature was in the 60ºs all day but cleared by evening.  Track was soggy but at least it was cool, about 68º.

I finally registered for Nationals, at the last minute.  Put my best times from '17 as seed times.

This is my 6th day in a row of running and I may need to take a break.  So, I kept the volume down today, but still got a good workout in.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 200m w/ 1 min rest - 29, 30, 30.5, 30.5 (avg 30) 
6 x 60m 105 lb sled pulls 
1 x 60 w/ 340 lbs each side - glute machine  
ham curls, leg extensions
The most fun you can have in 5 min... doing this tempo workout.  By the last one, I was totally lactic and it was a good simulation of the end of a 400m.

The sled pulls with harness were not too hard once the sled gets moving.  I actually think its harder to push the sled than pull it.  Probably better for form to pull it.

This was my 3rd tempo workout in a row.  Both mentally and physically hard.  Looking back, I didn't do this workout much before Daegu, but I did do it a lot in '15, and my times are similar.  That's why I think I can still run a 55 in the 400m.  By next week I should be able to get the spikes on and run fast.  I still haven't run anything faster than a 14ish 100m pace.  But, I was only running that pace when I got injured.  It's been 2 weeks now since the ham strain and it totally feels recovered.  My body is holding up well to the training but my right foot was a bit more sore than usual.  The plantar issue in my left foot seems to be pretty much gone.

Still exceptionally light, 139.8 lbs after workout.  I think my body fat % is pretty low, maybe as low as 10 or 11%.

The early deadline for Nationals has passed and no Corey, Ron, Don, or Marcus.  I do recall that Corey registered late last time at the last minute.  So far, 14 in the 400m and 12 in the 200m.  So far, I'm top seed in the 400m, 3rd in the 200m behind Alan and Rob.


No comments:

Post a Comment