Wednesday, June 13, 2018

double session: 150 tempo, 3-2-1 tempo

Rain showers and cooler weather got me on the track this late morning.

First session:
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 150m w/ 30 sec rest - 21, 22, 22 
3 x 150m w/ 30 sec rest - 20.5, 21.5, 23.5
Tried to run close to 400m race pace, which would be about 20, but that was too ambitious.  The first set wasn't too bad but the last set was killer.  I was in extreme discomfort by end of the last rep, rigging up.  It was as hard as any interval set even though each set lasts just over 2 minutes.  Now, that's a lot of good work done in a very small timeframe.  That 30 sec rest is gone in a flash.  Was happy that it drizzled a little during my last set.

Second session:
After lunch (protein shake, egg sandwich), I rested, rolled my legs, soaked in the hot tub, and massaged my feet to get ready for session 2.  It was really nice, quiet, 71º at sunset in Sewanee.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
300m - 41.8 / 90 sec rest / 200m - 29 / 90 sec rest / 100m - 14 
250m neg split - 36 (15, 14, 7)
I got it done.  The 200m after the 300m, which was fast - near race pace - was the most difficult.  I was happy to run a 14 100m after those 2 long sprints with 90 sec rest.

I want to really focus on the TN State Games 10 days away.  I want to taper a bit next week so I may even cram in some consecutive days later this week, depending on how I feel.  I've not run hills or done weights in a while, but I bought a training harness so I can work on sprint power by dragging some weights or the sled.  There is a weight sled at the track that has been there all spring.  Hopefully I'll be able to use it.  That and some even runs, neg split 400s, tempo, etc...

142.7 lbs after workout.





No comments:

Post a Comment