Saturday, July 1, 2017

tempo 200s

Went out in the early afternoon today, moderate heat with high humidity.  81º with a dewpoint of 74º yields a heat index of 86º, but feels hotter in the sun.  Noticeable difficulty in breathing at maximum effort in the humidity.  Fortunately, intermittent clouds provided some relief.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 200m w/ 1 min rest - 31, 30.5, 30.5, 30 
4 x 200m w/ 1 min rest - 31, 31, 32, 31.5
I had planned to do more, these were fairly controlled and I really saved it for the lest rep.   Slightly slower than I was running in June/July '15, but within a second.  I was going to run hills and I saw a kid on the track, and we were going to run a 300m together, but a tremendous thunderstorm hit.  We stood in the rain lightly sheltered by a tree but it didn't let up.  It poured for 50 min, dropping 2.25" of rain causing street flooding.  So, I went home.  Left the work out feeling pretty good, tired but not beaten (like after that 4 x 500m).  Last night I did weights, glutes, jumps, quads.

Ready to ramp to some hard 300s or split 300s next time.  Will probably get the spikes on Wed. My confidence is growing as there is no longer any sign of the quad issue that was bothering me, and definitely beginning to feel fit, and really light.  141.8 lbs after workout.

I have to retire my Clifton 2 after using the left one exclusively with my right Clifton 3.   Look at the chunk I took out of my Clifton 2 over time.  Pretty easy to see where my foot strikes.  I used them for 11 months, although not exclusively as I got Clifton 3s 6 months ago.




No comments:

Post a Comment