Friday, July 28, 2017

on track

Left the gulf coast a day early and took yesterday off as a travel day.   Wed, did some resistance work.   Today, at the Marist track in Atlanta, it was stiflingly humid but not too hot.  Very similar to Mobile, 84º with a dewpoint of 75º, heat index around 90º.  

Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 50m strides 
500m - 76 (60, 16) 
'split 400' - 300m - 41.2 / rest 1 min / 100m - 14.8 
Puma spikes on 
2 x 150m - 18.8, 19.2

Felt a bit harder and not as fast a 500m as my previous similar workout in Sewanee last Sunday, but a good strong 300m+100m.   Looking forward to returning to Sewanee and getting back into my routine for my last week of training.   Weather is changing and looks to be cooler in the evenings and less humid.  Was going to do hills tonight but may to put them off til tomorrow as rain is coming.  This hill I run in Atlanta is ball buster, harder than Roark's Cove rd., about 150m and steeper.    Sunday, I expect to be back on the Sewanee track in the evening.  Haven't done a limited rest tempo set of 300s so maybe I'll do that to see where I am.  

First race in Toronto 2 weeks from today.





No comments:

Post a Comment