Sunday, July 30, 2017

same stuff

One last workout on the Marist track in Atlanta before heading back to my 'training camp' in Sewanee.  It was hot, clear and less humid today, so the sun was particularly hot.  About 84º.

Got a decent resistance workout at an LA fitness on Sat, then this Sunday afternoon, back on the track.   I really think this workout is doing it for me.  I don't think at this point there is any benefit in doing volume tempo workouts.  Everything I'm doing now is close to race pace.  The over distance I think will help.  I've been blasting a hard effort 500m to start 5 of the 6 track workouts I've done since Nationals.  Today, was my second fastest.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 50m striders 
500m - 75.4 (59, 16.4) 
'split 500' - 300m - 41.8 / rest 1 min / 100m - 15 / rest 1 min / 100m - 14.4 
4 x 130m hill sprints
I'm going to have to mix in some short stuff soon, blocks and spikes.  Going to keep doing the hard core resistance stuff for the next week then, taper off by next weekend.   I really feel that by the end of this cycle, I should be able to put out a much better 400m than I ran at LSU, if I survive the training without injury.  So far so good.  Not overtly fatigued because I'm keeping the volume down to less than a mile of total work and every other day on the track.  It's definitely 'high intensity - feel it in the gut' stuff.  Significant suffering.  Feet feel ok since I'm training in spikes only sparingly.  (Not today).

Tempted to put the spikes on and run a 500 with the first 4 in 57 just to see how I can hold up under that fatigue.  Also, need to do some event runs / race modeling.


No comments:

Post a Comment