Tuesday, July 11, 2017

300 event run / 100

Last workout before Nationals.  I went out in the hot part of the day although it was quite comfortable in Sewanee, 84º and not very humid, dew point 63º.   Hot in the sun, comfortable in the shade.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 50m accelerations 
Puma spikes on  
2 x 80m accelerations 
2 x 40m from blocks 
100m from blocks - 13 
300m from blocks - 40.2 (26/14.2)
Felt better today than yesterday.  I was pretty much on my splits for this track.  Was tiring, and reminds me to not kill myself in Thursday's prelim.   Didn't want to do any more because I felt a little tightness in my groin after the 300m.

I guess I'm ready, not much more I can do now.  Have been on the track the last 7 days in a row, 9 of the last 10.  Somehow, I think I could be in better shape.

141.9 lbs after work out.

Nationals

The humidity will be the tough part in Baton Rouge.  Forecast for Friday finals is 90º with a heat index of 101º and little chance of rain.   There are 12 people registered for the M55 400m, and if 3 scratch, there could be a 9 lane final and no prelim.  I noticed with the 400m prelims, they are taking only 8 to the final, but they are using all 9 lanes in some of the prelims.  So, it would be a pity to run a prelim just to eliminate a few guys.  One extra person could force everyone to run a prelim.  I'm thinking the chances are good we'll get 3 scratches because 2 are running the 800 same day and there are 2 guys registered for throwing events.  Either way I'm fine, ready to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment