Sunday, November 18, 2012

Big foundation day: 800s

Perfect temperature for training, mid 50's ... but it was sunny and felt warmer.

Great to run shirtless so I hit the sunscreen and the Sewanee Coughlin track this Sunday late morning for some serious foundation work.

This went well because I made certain that I didn't set too hard of a pace and didn't run the first few too fast.   Remarkably, all 800s were within 2 seconds of each other.  I ran all in spikes on my toes.


400m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on 
6 x 800m - 2:47, 2:46, 2:47, 2:47, 2:46, 2:45 
walk 400m in between
It was hard but not nauseating.  I had enough left to run the last one pretty hard and make it my fastest.

It's going to be a trick to get in workouts Tues and Thurs with my parents coming and so much to do.   I've nearly abandoned my Murfreesboro house for the beauty and serenity of my bluff in Sewanee.  Nevertheless, I need a speed workout on Tues, and stadium stairs on Thanksgiving day.

Next week, I need one day of some event runs and blocks.


No comments:

Post a Comment