Monday, May 15, 2023

split 600, split 500

Relatively warm and humid compared to what it has been this spring, low 80ºs and sun giving way to threatening storms.  By the time I finished my warmup, I was sweating and the edge of a thundershower dropped a few sprinkles and wind and cooled it down.  One week since my hamstring injury and proceeding cautiously, nothing fast.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 100m

100m - 15.91

'split 600' - 500m - 83.75 / 90 sec rest / 100m - 15.50

'split 500' - neg. split 400m - 67.60 (34.90, 32.70) / 90 sec rest / 100m - 15.16

Starting to painfully claw my way back into shape.  Long ways to go.  Still haven't committed to Nationals, but have 5 weeks to decide.  A decent amount of volume today but the foot felt it afterwards.  The problem is, in the past I would put in 1200m then do more, like run some hills or another set.  After several hundred meters, if I take full rest, my foot won't handle another set.  

Started with a 100m strider test about 16.  Felt fine.  I ran the 500m crossing 400 at a modest 66.5ish.  Normally I would do a 200m w/ 90 sec rest but it was all I could do to run a 100m after.   I ran the second set not on full rest, HR was still over 120 when I started the 400m, which I didn't really push, just ran neg split.  Need to remember my harness so I can pull the sled.  It's great I have access to this training equipment.  Too bad I'm not a hurdler, the hurdles have been left out.  So nice and placid at the Sewanee track.  With the students gone, I have the place to myself and can train at anytime.

Took Roya out to dinner last night and had a huge salad with chicken and a shrimp appetizer.  I was 147.8 before bed, but was 142.4 after workout, so not too much damage.  

After more t-storms tomorrow,  5-6 days of cooler weather - low 70ºs and 50ºs at night.  Good thing because my A/C is just about shot and I'm not going to get another til next week.  

I think I should be able to be running 400m race pace in a week, confidently in 2 weeks.  I'm thinking about a 400m race on 6/3 in ATL, a little less than 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment