Friday, May 26, 2023

3x300m tempo, weight pulls

Nice tonight, temps falling into the upper 60ºs, light to calm wind, and a brief moment of light drizzle toward the end of my workout.  Today was 9 days after my second ham tweak, which was 9 days after the original, so it was important to get a good workout with no injury, and I achieved that goal.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 100m

100m - 16.40

3x300 w/3 min rest - 50.78, 50.34, 51.10 (50.74 avg)

4x50yd 90lb weight pulls

It just seemed so hard today, probably because I was protecting the ham, although I didn't feel a hint of injury or pain.  Was running in the Hokas more off the mid foot than the toe.  When I injured myself, I was in the Adidas which are more dynamic and I tend to run off the fore foot, as usual.  So, maybe a few more workouts before I transition back to the Adidas and increase speed.  Can't wait to up the speed, these tempo workouts are a bitch.

The tempo set seemed harder than usual.  Foot hurt a bit at the beginning but was fine through the workout.  The weight pulls with 90 lbs barbell plates are much harder than the 120 lb sled with those smooth runners.  With the sled, once I get momentum, it moves easier than the weights and I can develop a little speed.  Not so with the plates.  It is pretty much a max effort to sprint 50 yrs with these.

Was 147 lbs before bed but just 141.6 lbs after workout.   







No comments:

Post a Comment