Friday, May 19, 2023

200m hills / WaPost article

 I was a bit leery about training today as my ham is sill sore, but I got it in.  Yesterday did my off track workout of mostly RDLs and squat jumps.  Today was nice again, cloudy and upper 60ºs.  I hit Roark's Cove road for some cautious 200s.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 2x100

4 x 200m hills - 53, 50, 48, 48

Wasn't bad but I did feel a little pain in warmups doing aggressive leg swings.   These weren't fast as I can do these close to 40 when in shape, so I was testing.  It's hard to balance recovery and time off with training and loss of fitness.  Running hills is one thing I can do to get a helluva workout without sprinting full out and risking ham injury.  We'll see how it feels in 2 days.

140.6 lbs after workout, getting there.

Finally, the Washington Post article I was interviewed about came out about the Penn Relay masters.   The narrative was pretty brief and I had just a few brief quotes on warming up, kind of weird since I was interviewed for a half hour.   But, happy to contribute and be one of the cover photos.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wellness/2023/05/19/stay-fit-aging-exercise/




No comments:

Post a Comment