Thursday, May 11, 2023

200m hills / off day regime / genome test

Back running but on pavement on the hill.  69º in Sewanee after a shower.  I warmed up at the track and tested the ham.  First 100m jog, no problem.  Second one a bit faster 15-16, strain is definitely still there.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 2x100

4x200m hills - 44-46

These are tough, probably harder than running 300s on the flat.  My go to when I have ham issues.  Hills shorten the stride and protect the hams while still giving a killer workout.  After the third it was hard to walk down.  Still, I think it will be a week before solid track work and maybe 10 days before full speed.  Probably won't race until June.  I'm now doubtful about signing up again for the Hayward Masters exhibition 200m.   

Still having a tough time getting the last few lbs off.  142.7 lbs after workout.  

My new off day regime will include: jumps with dumbells, hip flexor band work, weighted hip thrusts, Nordic ham, RDLs, and maybe I'll hook up a log and drag it up my driveway hill.  

I signed on to Nebula Genomix for a complete DNA genome test.  Not cheap but one of the best companies.  It includes a complete genome sequence with lifetime info on the latest genomic research, access to tools that enable examination of genes and generate reports, and access to support by company geneticists.  It's good for not only identifying mutations and disease susceptibility, but to learn the best and most effective ways to live, eat, train, etc... with the goal of extending and improving life and longevity.

4 comments:

  1. Study centenarians. And get A1c checked.

    Centenarians: An excellent example of resilience for successful ageing

    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0047637419302040

    Adipokines and Aging: Findings From Centenarians and the Very Old

    https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fendo.2019.00142/full

    Metagenomics Study Reveals Changes in Gut Microbiota in Centenarians: A Cohort Study of Hainan Centenarians

    https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fmicb.2020.01474/full






    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I read on adiponectin - "a hormone produced by your white fat cells that combats inflammation, improves your sensitivity to glucose, and prevents the build-up of plaque on your arteries. However, slim bodies with smaller fat stores produce enough adiponectin to have benefits, but overweight and obese patients tend to have less adiponectin." So, maybe super low body fat is not a good idea but perhaps a 'dynamic body fat' that comes and goes easily?

      Delete
    2. Could be. I’m wondering if being super lean is messing with my insulin sensitivity. My A1c has gone from 5.4 to 6.1 while weight has gone from 170 to 152 to 154ish. So I’m technically pre diabetic now, and lifestyle wise I do every thing they say to do, no knobs to turn. Maybe my adipose hormones are “disregulated” , as they like to say? But my mom became diabetic in her 30’s so probably just genetics. Trying to gain some muscle mass as it acts as a glucose sink. I don’t have the key measurables at the moment for real longevity as I’ve got insulin sensitivity issues. Plus mild CKD from chemo.

      Delete
  2. Work offered this genetic cancer screening test . About $1000. I think this is worth the invest every couple two or three years. Odds are if heart disease doesn’t get you cancer will, generally speaking. https://get.agelessrx.com/galleri-1/?utm_campaign=all-products-performance-max&utm_source=google&gclid=CjwKCAjwx_eiBhBGEiwA15gLN-7QFtCISpNJaBvI8L-EkPdgPdtvbcPI2b039OCGFx-yCdINcjhZjRoCdKIQAvD_BwE

    ReplyDelete