Thursday, May 25, 2023

4x200m tempo, 300, weight pulls

Cautious 200m tempo set on a beautiful evening, low 70ºs, clear, calm winds.  It's been a week since my ham tweak and feeling ok.  Taking it slow still.  Nothing faster than 16.5 100m pace.

Hoka trainers on 

stretches, drills, bands, 2x100

4x200m w/ 1 min rest - 34.22, 33.00, 33.42, 34.06

300m - 51.16

2x45 yd weight pulls 

Decent workout but wanted to do more.  Limited by my foot pain.   Notice I said weight pulls, not sled pulls.  Conspicuously missing from the field was the weight sled.  I can hardly believe someone would take the time to remove it, lock it in the shed behind the stadium.  There are 2 equipment rooms unlocked and hurdles all over the track, equipment left everywhere, I have to wonder if someone ripped it off?  So I just took 2 45 lbs plates from the equipment room and put the strap on them and harness.  Dragging these 90 lbs with strap and harness is every bit as hard as pulling the sled with 30lbs more weight.  Eventually, the friction is going to break the strap.  Anyway, I left the weights out, partially hidden by the steeple barrier.  I'll be back out Friday.  

141.7 lbs after workout

1 comment:

  1. Physical limitations will result in (faster than just age related) aerobic capacity decline unless whole body aerobic capacity intervals become routine during non peaking periods. If rowing doesn’t work 100 to 150 meter freestyle repeats in the pool will do it. 5 or 6 of them.

    ReplyDelete