Monday, May 29, 2023

4x200 tempo

Sunday in Atlanta at the completely empty Marist track, mid 70ºs but it feels warmer in the direct sun.  This time of year in this time zone, 4pm is mid day, very little shade.  So I sprayed on the sunscreen.  

Didn't have a lot of time so I did the hardest workout in the shortest amount of time.  Still running safe as I inch up the speed.  No race pace yet.  Not yet 2 weeks from my last ham tweak. 

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 100m

100m - 15.84 

4x200m w/ 1 min rest - 32.31, 32.75, 33.20, 33.12 (32.85 avg)

Got it done.  4x2 w/ 1 min is always a bitch.  I made sure I didn't run faster than my test run of of 15 high, so these were avg only 16.4 100m pace.  I expect to slowly up that in the coming week.   No way to tell if my ham is healed till I run 26s in the 200.   Still feels fine.  Usually, after the 2 week mark, I can start pushing.  

In the morning I watched a track meet from Germany, and in the afternoon, the LA Grand Prix track meet on NBC.   So, I was feeling the pressure to get my workout over because Roya was bitching that 'my life revolves around track'  ... not really, but seems that way sometimes.  Tis the season.



3 comments:

  1. Build her something else and she will get over it. A trellis over her deck with retractable mesh netting for some shade. Or a patio off the deck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what she was asking me about.

      Delete
    2. Lol..well you’ve proven yourself capable, have all this strength and fitness, and time in the summer. Be productive man! Build!

      Delete