Tuesday, August 25, 2020

short sprints, blocks, last workout of the competition season

 With the last meet of the season on Sept 5 canceled, I'll race once more this weekend before taking a break.  I may race one more outdoor meet on Oct 31, if I feel up to it, but this will likely be my last meet, for a while.  

Today, I just ran short stuff.  With about a dozen full blasts out of the blocks in spikes after a 150m, I was pressing my luck a bit.  

No breakthroughs today, just about the same times I have been running.  I did make a slight adjustment in the blocks but nothing special.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, 400m warmup, stretches, drills, bands, massager

150m w/ 3 step rolling start - 19.09 (6.16, 6.32, 6.68)

Puma spikes on

6 x 60m from blocks - 6.78, 6.68, 6.71, 6.68, 6.62, 6.60

100m - 12.78

Bands

I backed off on the last 50m of the 150, because a strain at this point would mean out for the season.  Based on these times, I think I probably could run a better 200m than a 100m.  But I'll sign up for both.  They're even having a 60m race at the end.  I think I could break 8, but we'll see.

I think the 400m training is good for my overall speed and strength, since I've stopped that training, I don't think I've gotten any faster despite the strength work I've done with bands and such in the last month.

I'll continue to train on the grass mostly and cut it back to 2 days a week or less depending on how I feel.  I do feel a bit beat up but not really any worse than when I was in the depths of 400m training.   My knee is a little stiff but not swelling regularly after those volume workouts I was doing.  My right foot is more of an issue than anything, as it has been for yrs intermittently.   

I think maybe I'll plan on racing in the Oct. meet, to give it one more shot before the season's end.  But that is 9+ weeks away and I could take a month off from running or do very little for a while. 

Light and fit at 139.9 lbs after workout.  Easier to stay fit than have to fight hard to get it back.

It was a bit sad to lose that last meet in Sept.  But...it's ok.  This is still where I live:



With all my stuff......





No comments:

Post a Comment