Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Brief speed

On the track today as Sewanee starts to become a bit more busy... kids playing on the field, the local elementary school has started.  Mid 70ºs, light winds.

Yesterday, I cut and loaded some logs for firewood, some weighing 100lbs, so I got some exercise.  I felt a little swelling, when I started warming up but it went away.
Hoka trainers on 
stretches 
3 x 100m strides 
stretches, drills, bands, massage 
50m 85% - 7.36 
300m - 42.88 
200m - 26.62 (12.75, 13.87) 
50m from the line 3 point stance - 6.56 

The 300 and 200 were run with a 2 step start.  Was still surprised to see 12.75 on the turn for the first 100m, really faded in the last 100m, because I didn't take full rest between the sprints.   Was originally planning to do a split 500 with 90 sec rest, but I took a lot more than 90 sec.  My Gymboss beeping  timer died after 3 yrs of use, so I didn't do the limited rest set.   I'll miss it because it'll take a 9 days to get another one. 

Was going to do more but I think if I'm going to race some short sprints, I should be: 1) healthy, 2) light.   So, I may race this weekend without a lot of work this week.  100m speed is somewhat innate anyway, so it wouldn't matter what I do on Thurs.  I will decide on Thurs if I feel up to it.  I should just do it to see where I am, and for practice, not expect a world leading time.  I may sign up for the 100 and 200, but may just run one or the other, probably not both. 

142.0 lbs after workout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment