Thursday, August 6, 2020

50s and blocks

Just a little fast running today.  Warm and pleasant in Sewanee, 77º, light winds.  My wheels felt ok today so I entered Sat's meet.  Really just a training meet to see where I am on some shorter sprints.  I signed up for the 100m and 200m, but I probably won't run both.

Hoka trainers on 
stretches 
3 x 100m strides 
stretches, drills, bands, massage/roller 
50m acceleration 
Puma spikes on 
Flying 50m w/ 15m start - 5.94 
4 block starts 
3 x 50m from blocks - 6.69, 6.59, 6.53 
Flying 50m w/ 20m start - 5.78

Feeling ok, seems like I should be able to run 12.6 in the 100, or maybe break 26 in the 200, but we'll see if I survive it.  I've done so little short speed work this season so, it'll be a good training run.  Shorter sprints are fun if nothing breaks.  

There are still races there the next 4 weekends.  We'll see if I have enough juice left to race some more... been training now for almost 7 months now.  

I'm pretty light... 140.9 lbs after workout.  

Yet another championship opportunity dissolves.... the 2021 USATF Masters Indoor Championship will not take place at the NYC Armory.  It may still happen, but not on that wonderful track.  Vanderbilt has a full slate of indoor meets beginning in Dec.  So, if the college stays open, maybe there will be an indoor season.

No comments:

Post a Comment