Thursday, August 13, 2020

Blocks and a few short sprints

I signed up for the meet Sat., not because I think I'm in a great position to improve, but the level of pros there literally looks like an Olympic final ... if they all show up.   It's CRAZY!  More about that later.  

Today, was warm and calm, 80ยบ.  Didn't do much.  There were a lot more people there when I first arrived, but after a while, they left.  After a thorough warmup, I did a few full sprints and with blocks and spikes.

Hoka trainers on

stretches

3x100m striders, stretches, drills, bands, massage

50m acceleration

50m from 3 pt stance - 6.62

Puma spikes on

several block starts from the 200m start on the turn

100m from blocks on the turn - 12.87

50m from blocks straight - 6.51

I was going to run to run a 150m from the 200m start but I felt a soreness in my right ham so I shut it down.   Nothing like a strain, but just a little twinge.  I was able to run a flat out 50m from blocks afterward with no trouble.  I do think that 150m would have been sub 19 based on my 100m time.  My times were similar to last week but slightly faster.   

So, if my ham is ok, I'll run the 100m and if I survive with no issues, do the 200.  

139.8 lbs after workout

Look at this lineup for Saturday!!

400m Open 
Steven Gardiner 43.48  - 400m WORLD CHAMPION from the Bahamas
Machel Cedenio 44.01 - 4th in the Rio Olympics (the final when Van Niekerk set the WR)
Matthew Hudson-Smith 44.48 - Rio Olympic Final (8th)
Michael Cherry 44.66 - World Champion USA 4x4 team - 2019
Champ Page  45.54 

Oddly, US 400m Champion Fred Kerley is signed up to run the 100m, as is American HJ champion, Erik Kynard.  And ... this is really weird, Olympic 400m woman's champion Shaunae Miller-Uibo has signed up under shot put.  Why?  Very weird.  I think it may be to avoid publicity or to avoid violating a management contract.  I'm betting we'll see Miller and Kerley in the 400m.  

Search Results

Web resu


Also -  polevaulter US Silver medalist Cole Walsh, Olympic Silver medal high jumper Erik Kynard, and 3 pro women sprinters - Jessica Beard, Mikia Brisco, the fastest HS woman in the US - Tamari Davis.

WOW!  It only could happen here.... in a pandemic.

No comments:

Post a Comment