Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Different approach

Warm and nice in Sewanee, upper 70ºs.  This workout was very different from any workout I've done this season because it contained a very small amount of running.  I'm winding my season down, and have pretty much decided that I'm not going to train for anymore 400s til indoor and just work on technique and maybe run a few more 100s.   Maybe a 200m.  I need a rest as the aches and pains of 7+ months of continuous training are taking a toll.  

I determined my turnover and form have been lacking so I'm doing a lot of band work emphasizing hip flexors,  fast twitch exchange drills,  and form.  Monday I started band work and continued today.

Hoka trainers on

stretches

4x100m warmup (2 strides, 2 jog), stretches, drills, bands

5 x 40m wicket drill 

2 x 60m - 30m acceleration, 30m maximum effort

more band work

The wicket drill was hard on me.  The aim of this drill is to maximize ground strike, which didn't help my sore R foot.  However, the full out sprints at end felt good.  

If I can get my power and form together, I hope to run a better 100m time before the season is out.  Then take some time off from running and try to maintain fitness so when I start to run again, probably end of Oct. it won't take long to get it back.  Would like to race indoor in Dec. if there are meets.

Still very light and fit, daily avg about 141.2 lbs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment