Sunday, August 9, 2020

First short races in 2 yrs, Sunday workout

 The ATL meet on Saturday was great.   I didn't get the times I wanted but that's ok, I'll be back maybe as soon as next Sat to try again.   It was just great to be able to sprint a 100m and a 200m again and survive it without any strains or injury.  I also got to hang with the pros: Olympian Machel Cedenio (4th '16 400m), Vernon Norwood (World Champion USA 4x4 team), David Kendzaira (5th Diamond League 400mH final).  Very small meet, only about 25-30 competitors on the track.  A bit too hot, low 90s that kind of sapped the energy.  Unlike last time, it was an easy drive, about 2:15.  

So... my times... well ... 25.95 in the 200m, while substandard for me, is presently the  #1 time in world in my age group.  It would have actually medaled in Spain at World's in '18, but not in many other championships, (thanks mainly to Steve Peters and G. Zorn).   My 100m race fairly sucked, at 12.71, I've got some improving to do.  I tried some different spikes for the 100m, don't think they worked as expected.  (On the computer, my times were actually 12.701, and 25.941, but they always round up).  Nevertheless, I'm 0.05 behind my friends Shane and Lyon, the tied world leaders.  I know Lyon didn't use blocks in his race, but both reported significant tail winds.  

Pros: Vernon Norwood, Machel Cedenio, with David Kendzaira




















I felt pretty beat after the races, but well enough to do a decent workout today.  Usually rest day after a race but I wanted to rest tomorrow instead... I mean rest from running, I may swim, bike, and resistance.  

Hoka trainers on 
stretches 
3x100m strides 
stretches, drills, bands, massage 
8 x 100m w/ 30 sec rest on turf 
6 x 6 stadium stair hops plyos


I added these double leg stadium stair hops plyos... its not much of a stadium in Sewanee, about a dozen rows so I jump from bleacher 1 to 3 to 5 etc... every other bleacher in rapid succession, 6 hops to the top.  After several of these, it's a good workout.   Need to work on stuff like this, resistance tomorrow, and maybe some hills on Tues if I hope to improve my times a little.  Need to get lighter and stronger.

139.6 lbs ! after workout 



No comments:

Post a Comment