Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Brief tempo 300s

Last cold weather workout, but it felt actually very good.  Mid-upper 40ºs, but sunny on the 'ghost track' at Sewanee just before noon.  When the breeze stopped, it felt warm, perfect.  Didn't have much time so a tempo set was in order.  It occurred to me that if I do a Monday workout, I must do a Wed morning workout because Thursday is too busy with online teaching, and I shouldn't wait til Friday.

I saw the one old walker I usually see, but he left during my warmup.  I also saw a guy with what looked like an insecticide sprayer.  But he was gone soon.  I am still extremely thankful the men's room remains open.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 300m w/ 2:30 rest - 48.8, 49.5, 50.3
Short and sweet.  Usually do 4 but not as fast as these.  This was perfect and I really pushed hard on the last one, it was a killer.  With volume this low, I should be back by Friday.  I think with low volume like this, I can tolerate every other day.  Weather looks gorgeous the next 4 days... sunny around 70º Fri-Mon.  Haven't been doing much weights or cross training, but tomorrow in between lessons.

Eating very well, 143.6 lbs after workout.

Sewanee has reported some cases of coronavirus, and some dumbass students/alumni had a 'virus party' over the weekend.  Those events have caused the college to close parking areas at trail heads and over looks.  I love it.  Even less people.  They will NEVER close the track.  Even if they did, there is a brand new track at St. Andrews, even closer to my house, which is not fenced.




No comments:

Post a Comment