Friday, April 24, 2020

500, 300, strides

Another perfect cool evening for training, 60º and calm winds at the Sewanee track.  A couple quality sprints and some strides, keeping the volume low as it now looks like it I won't be racing anytime soon.  As expected, the June TN State Games now postponed to an undetermined date, no word on Nationals.    

Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 50m striders 
500m - 79.5 (63, 16.5) 
300m - 43.21
4 x100m strides on turf 
It felt pretty hard as I'm not working as hard as I was a couple weeks ago with more volume and tempo.  I still think I could 'run my age' but I've been shying away from an all out time trial in spikes, and from foundation and tempo.   Could be at least 13 -20 weeks before I can race.  No telling.  Will be doing resistance tomorrow, and after the Saturday storms, a freakish cool day on Sunday with highs only in the 40ºs forecast.... definitely a porch day with my wood stove cranked and tea.  

 Be back on the track Monday.  

143.9 lbs after workout.  

No comments:

Post a Comment