Monday, March 30, 2020

800s, 300

 Perfect training weather at the ghost track in Sewanee.  63º and cloudy.  I actually did see a few people there today.  The usual elderly walkers and one runner.

I think I'll keep this every third day on the track regime, and every other day on occasion.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 800m - 2:42, 2:43 
300m - 43.75
I was going to do a split 400m as a part of that 300, but no way... the last 300m kicked my butt.  I ran the 800m with just moderate effort to get 2 in.  If I ran the first one too fast, I would't have been able to do two.  1900m total is a pretty good days work.

Dave M. said he may come up Wed or Thurs to train, but I doubt it.  He's a middle distance guy and 10 yrs younger, so he'll push me if he shows up.

Looks like there will be some meets this summer!  AL State Games will be held end of July.  The Atlanta Track Lab series said they will be holding some meets this summer.

Still up in the air:  USATF Nationals in July, TN Senior Games in June, Atlanta Relays ... all have not issued a definitive decision.   Some say USATF will issue a decision this week, they presently aren't taking registrations, but the TN Senior Games on June 20 is taking registrations.


No comments:

Post a Comment