Saturday, April 4, 2020

quality sprints, neg split

Perfect weather, 70º and dry, calm winds.  I did low volume quality stuff today, my preferred workout, but probably not the most beneficial.  My intervals were with ample rest, brisk but not race pace.  I did them negative split, last 100m the fastest.... goals were: 300m - 15,15,14, and 200m - 14,13.  Came pretty close to goal.  I used one of my older pair of Hoka Clifton 3 trainers for the workout, (accidentally packed two right shoes of the Clifton 1s I usually use).

Hoka trainers on
 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 300m - 44.2, 44.3 
2 x 200m - 27.34, 27.16 
2  x 40 yard - 4.75, 4.62

I threw in a few short sprints at the end from 3 pt stance.

Such beautiful weather here, I'll be back on Sunday... so much for my every 3rd day plan... been every other day since Monday.  Seem to be tolerating it pretty well.  So tempting to run fast in warm weather.  So, this week: 800s foundation, 3x300m tempo, and 1000m of quality neg split long sprints.

I had originally planned to race next weekend, but no.   Maybe I'll do a time trial soon.  Still haven't run an all out 400m.  Weights and hiking tomorrow.

More track abuse today, a couple walking the track with their dog, letting the dog run free.

2 comments:

  1. I'd really like to know ... who in the world of masters track is as disciplined and works as hard as you ... especially with no upcoming opportunities to race???? Keep on ... keeping on and stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete