Monday, April 6, 2020

800, 400, 200, 150

Gorgeous evening in Sewanee, low 70ºs, light breeze and partly cloudy.  After a Fri workout and Sat hike and bike ride, I took Sunday off, did some resistance work.  I rigged my resistance bands to create a decent 'glute machine' on my deck.

I was going to do just foundation today but I didn't feel like 2 x 800.  I did some quality sprints after an 800m, including a fast neg split 400m.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
800m - 2:38 
400m - 60.8 (30.8, 30) 
200m - 26.65 
150m - 19.28
I much rather do some quality work but it is harder on the body but generally more fun.  I think this M-W-F track schedule might workout ok. 

145 lbs after workout. 

I'm really surprised they haven't canceled Masters Nationals yet.  They canceled the U20 Championships later in July and SE Masters in June is canceled.  It is the stated policy of USATF that these events be canceled and I'm thinking they haven't canceled yet because they're looking into a postponement.  TN Senior Olympics in June hasn't yet canceled which is really surprising.  Probably a matter of time.



No comments:

Post a Comment