Monday, April 13, 2020

800, 200, 2x150

It's still winter.  After last night's strong storms (51 mph gust, 4.39" rain), the temperature dropped all day.  It seemed ok when I left the house, 48º and dry on the bluff, but in town it was wet, mizzle, and 5º colder.  43º and cloudy, light winds.  Really felt pretty cold, until I finished my 800.  Still T-shirt weather for training.  Next 2 days are going to be low 50ºs with over night lows near freezing. 

Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
800m - 2:36 
200m - 27.40 
2 x 150m w/ 30 sec rest on turf ~ 22-23

The 800m was a chore, didn't want to run another so I did some short stuff.  I'm happy to get it done but with goals uncertain, it's hard to focus on a race or peak.  I think at this level of fitness, I could get to ready to race at an elite level with 3+ weeks notice, but still up in the air.  Vanderbilt U study says the virus is going to peak in this area in mid-June ... so I'm not optimistic.  Atlanta GA relays canceled last week.  I am hell bent on getting a race in this summer or fall for Masters Rankings after I enter M60, and I'll travel if I have to.  AL State Games have been rescheduled for 8/31. 

Otherwise, life is great.  Living in paradise.  Spending an unprecedented amount of time with Roya in the most beautiful time of year in a most beautiful place.  Have 2 tracks to train on and an amazing gothic cathedral to record in.  Happy to be in relatively good health.  Running, biking, hiking, and playing music.

144.9 lbs after workout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment