Friday, April 17, 2020

Speed - event runs

68º with a S wind on the beautiful Sewanee track.   It was my 4th day on the track this week and I'm going to definitely take the next 2 days off.   Ran 3 x 200m at 400m race pace today, took a 45 min break, went to my office to hear a senior recital online, and back to the track for a 300+100.  Had to do a second warmup.

Hoka trainers on 
350m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 200m - 26.21, 26.00, 26.03 
- break - 
warmup 
300m - 42.09 / walk 100m / 100m - 15.03

Pleased with my times since I was expecting 26 high/27.  After running my first, I was surprised it was 26.2.   I thought, 'too fast, need to let up a bit and relax.'   Then I ran 26.00.   Albeit... with a 3 step rolling start and a tail wind, still a good time.  The difference was the second one I kept better form and relaxed.   Leads me to believe I could break 58 soon.   I do think I could run at least 27/31ish... (13,14,15,16)

Realistically, probably at least 3-4 months, maybe longer before I'll be able to find a race. 

USATF Masters and TN Senior Games put out updates and they STILL have NOT canceled, and TN Sr. Games is STILL soliciting registration fees with a May deadline, even after their board met this week.  USATF will announce by mid May.  Hope I don't have to wait til Aug. 

I'm enjoying running fast but I keep saying I need to cut back...  but it's great to run fast. 

144.1 lbs after workout.

I'm thinking about buying a ring timer so I can record both exact times and have pacing beeps. 




1 comment:

  1. Wow111 Wonder if all your 'track buds' are working hard during this hiatus? Better be!!!

    ReplyDelete