Monday, April 20, 2020

Resistance and 100s

A cool and wonderfully quiet evening at the Sewanee track, low 60ºs, calm winds.  I did some glute sets during the mid afternoon and other resistance work.  Almost didn't go to the track but I did.

Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
6 x 100m on turf w/ 30 sec rest ~ 16-17 sec 
2 x 100m on the track - 12.75, 12.62

When I started my warmups, felt aches and pains of the past week of 4 track workouts, but after a tempo set of 100s, I felt much better.   I was thinking, that if I do reduce my track workouts for a while, it would be best to keep doing some running.    I videoed my last 100m to look at my form. 

I was thinking... it doesn't matter if I can run 57 right now.  It matters in July after I turn 60, and that is still 11 weeks away and who knows when I'll be able to race.   Possibly not til Aug.  So I need to back off a bit, don't need to push it now, just maintain til I have a goal. 

However, there seems to be an initiative to 'open' southern states and businesses... which is clearly a bad idea, but it may make some facilities for meets available this summer.  For example, the Jacksonville Athletic Club has 3 meets scheduled for July and Aug., the Atlanta Track Lab said they may run some meets this summer, the AL games Aug 31, and there's an all ages meet in Nov.  Still no word from Sr. Games or USATF Nat'ls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment