Sunday, April 12, 2020

Fri resistance, Sat brief workout

I took Friday off from the track because I went biking and did resistance work instead, it was a bit cold that day.  I got out Sat for a brief track workout.  Beautiful, low 60ºs and sunny near sunset.

Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 300m - 43.85, 44.59 
200m - 27.84

I did these sprints with relaxation, emphasis on form, just a bit slower than 400m race pace.  I was happy to get out there Sat., since Friday, I tweaked my knee a bit doing squats, but it felt fine on a day's rest.  These intervals seemed harder than they should have been, maybe because of resistance work the day before, but happy to get it done.  I do know that workouts like this are just maintaining the status quo, and not helping me get in better shape.  Only tempo, and foundation does that.

144.0 lbs after workout.  Still eating well.

It looks like a beautiful weather pattern for the next week, cool to start... in the 50ºs early then 60ºs later in the week, sunny every day.  Ironically, this pandemic situation has been a wonderful time for me, spending weeks together with Roya, watching the leaves turn in kaleidoscope of green hues, and watching the spring storms.   It's been beautiful in Sewanee.  Been bike riding and spending time on campus.  It's a bit eerie and quiet, but I love it.  I've been issued keys to the buildings so I can still remain active in music recording.  I did a few videos recently here and here.

Still no word on USATF Masters Nationals, and the TN Sr. Olympics committee is meeting next week to consider the situation.  They've hinted at a postponement.

It was this weekend that I had planned to open my competitive season at Berry College.  I had some great meets there over the years.  Here's my heat of the 200m a few yrs ago, I'm in the green shoes in lane 6, (ahead of 3 Sewanee sprinters  in lanes 1, 7, 8).  Looks like the next time I race in a college meet, I be 60 yrs old.  Looking forward to it.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment