Thursday, April 30, 2020

150's on turf

I went back to square one today, doing the same workout I did end of Jan. as I was starting my training (after coming back from plantar fasciitis).   Getting real, I don't expect to race til mid July at the earliest, or possibly as late as Aug or later.  So, best to preserve and scale back.  Looking back, I was working hard in Feb and March, expecting a race in April, but can't keep that up all spring and summer, and into indoor season.  I may be doing more track workouts on an every third day basis instead of every other day.

Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
8 x 150m on turf ~ 24-25 with 50 sec rest 
2 x 100m (track) - 12.88, 12.68

I ran the last of 8 150s at about 23, the fastest.  It was a good hard workout and not much impact.

After a 400m walk and rest, I ran a couple hard 100s with flying start.  I tried an experiment, and on the second one, really concentrated on relaxation, running tall, and long stride.  It was faster.  A lesson to think about what I'm doing when I sprint.

I see they now have wide Clifton 6s in my size so I ordered a pair.  My impression when I picked one up at the store was that it was good, the best version since the Clifton 3.   Hoping that these will give a good amount of protection on the outside of the foot.

143.3 lbs this evening and dropping.  Fasting til tomorrow for yearly blood work.



No comments:

Post a Comment