Saturday, May 2, 2020

Yes, there will be races... maybe

Needing a goal, I've contacted some meet directors and it looks like there are some options to race.

The Jacksonville Athletic Club is hosting meets on 5/31, 6/6, 7/18, 7/25, and 8/8.  I inquired.  This was the meet director's reply:
"As of today we are planning on hosting all of our summer meets."
Also, there are 2 meets scheduled in the Atlanta area for June and July but they are tentative.

So, it looks like if everything goes as planned, I may be going to FL to race a few times.   If the 7/18 and 7/25 meets go on as scheduled, maybe it would be good to do both in the same trip.   However, Atlanta has a tentative meet on 7/18.  Very few options to log an M60 time.  Looking back at previous JAC meets, they look perfect... very small.  Only one or 2 heats of every race.  If JAC cancels it's summer season, there are very few others after I turn M60.  Just 3 or 4 scattered around the US ... FL, IL, IN, TX.    The ultimate goal is to log an M60 time.   There is only one M60 time under a minute in the 400m, Trevor logged a 57.7 at the end of Australia's summer season in Feb.  So, that's my goal.  Incredibly, there aren't any M60 times under 27 in the 200m.  I should break 26. 

This means I'm going to begin slowly ramping up my workouts after a recovery week.  11 weeks til my first M60 meet.



No comments:

Post a Comment